Thursday, December 1, 2005

Two signs that blogs have abducted me and taken over my body and mind

Sign #1:

I dreamed about ProfGrrrrl last night (even though I routinely forget how many rrrrrr's are in her nom de blog). In the dream, she and I were hanging out (even though she doesn't know me -- I think I've commented on her blog maybe twice) and went to a chocolate tasting. We ate way too much chocolate, and had upset stomachs, but this didn't stop our fun. Then we went to see Wilco at a teeny, tiny club smaller than the Troubadour in LA. We were so close I could see Jeff Tweedy's stubble. I know ProfGrrrrl would have preferred Elvis Costello, but this was my dream, and Wilco edges out EC in my musical collection (although they're both there). Sorry ProfGrrrrl.

If you're wondering why I didn't dream about you -- you know, you other anonymous female academic bloggers who actually comment here and who I can say I virtually know -- it's because ProfGrrrrl posts pictures of herself (well, sort of) and I have a picture of her in my head. I'm very visual for an English lit chick. And also probably because she talks about going to concerts.

Anyway, when I told the Boyfriend about this, we had the following conversation:

Me: Omigod, I need a break from blogs. I dreamed I was hanging out with ProfGrrrrl.
Boyfriend: Was there any lesblogian activity?
Me: Uh, no, there was chocolate....But I like the word "lesblogian."
Boyfriend: Thanks, I just made it up.
Me: I thought so.

Alas, unfortunately for the Boyfriend, he's not the first or the only one to make up the word "lesblogian." According to my Technorati search, way back in May a blogger called "Ol Cranky" at The Disenchanted Forest also used it. Perhaps they can share credit. At any rate, because of Boyfriend's creativity -- for he did make up the word wholly innocent of Ol Cranky's having used it -- I have now discovered a cool new (to me) blog.

Refer to post title. This could be a bad thing.

Sign #2:

Just before posting, while working on my book revisions, I attempted to write the phrase "guild community" (craft and mercantile guilds figure prominently in my work; yes, I'm a literature person -- no really!). Guess what I wrote instead. Yes, that's right: blog community.

OK, I think there will be light blogging ahead as I focus on finishing the revisions by the end of the day on Monday.

And right now, I'm going to turn off the computer and enjoy CSI.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

In your next dream, Boyfriend will look like Peter Sellers and say, "I like to watch."

PS Quit reading this comment and get to work!

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to wish you good luck on your final revision push. And I hope that it was a good CSI episode.
GD

Dr. Virago said...

Fast Fizzy -- Ewwwwww! That would be a nightmare!

GD - Thanks!...And alas, no, it was a repeat, dammit. Oh well.

Dr. Virago said...

Academic Coach - LOL! I forgot that you are fully identifiable -- non-anonymous and fully photographed -- on your site. But yeah, you don't blog about your social life like ProfGrrrrl does (that not being the point of your blog). And she has a very active social life, too!