Saturday, December 31, 2005

A new blogger worth reading

You know, the blogosphere is a weird thing. Because of something GZombie said in his update to his MLA post, I decided to check out the del.icio.us links for MLA 2005 (here is GZombie's list -- I still have to sign up for a del.icio.us account). I don't know why I did that -- maybe just because I hadn't finished my barely-still-morning coffee yet (hey, I didn't go to bed until 3am) and I'm procrastinating cleaning my house and running. But at any rate, that's where I wound up. And because of that, I discovered Scribbling Mama, a brand new academic blog by an associate professor of English and mother in devastated New Orleans. She only has three posts so far, and they are all beautifully written and heartbreaking as well. Let's welcome her to the blogosphere.

2 comments:

Scribbling Mama said...

Dear Dr. Virago,

Being new to the blogosphere, I read your comment on my new blog, Scribbling Mama, with astonishment. I didn't know that anyone would be able to find me yet. And I appreciate your notice of me on your blog. I look forward to reading your blog, and I love your handle, by the way!

Dr. Virago said...

Anne, yes it's amazing how fast it happens. I barely had two posts up when all the blogging medievalists came around to welcome me. So welcome to you, too!