Tuesday, November 15, 2005

I am such a Beowulf-loving geek

First, here are two medievalist-geek quizzes:

As seen at The Green Knight, here's the "Which people of Middle Earth are you?" quiz, in which I get this result, which tickles me to death because it also includes the "ubi sunt" poetic motif and the word "hauberk":

Rohirrim
Rohirrim


To which race of Middle Earth do you belong?
brought to you by Quizilla

And since I'm so clearly a member of the most Beowulfian race of LotR then here, as seen at Ancrene Wiseass, is the "If you were in Beowulf..." quiz, complete with the Sutton Hoo helmet:

You scored as Beowulf. Heroic, strong, and maybe a little on the proud side--not that you don't have a reason to be. After all, you defeat THREE major evils that ravage the countryside as well as many minor beasties that get in the way before you're done in. You simply don't give up. Without you, Hrothgar's Golden Hall would still stand empty.

Beowulf


92%

Wiglaf


67%

Hrothgar


67%

Grendel's Mother


58%

The Dragon


58%

Wealhtheow


50%

Grendel


42%

If You Were in Beowulf...
created with QuizFarm.com


And then, just to prove I'm all sorts of geek, there's this quiz, which I found myself:

You Passed 8th Grade Science

Congratulations! You got 6/8 correct!


Hmm...I wonder which ones I missed. I have to admit, I forget what parts of the cell do what, so I probably missed that one. Well, at least I passed. Sigh. Once upon a time I was a stellar science student. Just goes to show: use it or lose it!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hee, I was Rohirrim too!

Dr. Virago said...

See, I told you we have parallel lives! In Middle Earth we'd be *related*! :)

That guy said...

I was the Beowulf dragon.

Dr. Virago said...

Well now, Green *Knight*, that's kind of ironic, isn't it? (Also ironic: the mascot of the Charlotte Knights [AAA baseball] is a dragon.)

Now I shall have to kill you. :)

Heo said...

Good news: I also passed 8th grade science.

Midling news: I'm Wiglaf. Sigh. At least I'm not Unferth.

zotfrr: redneck sofa

Dr. Virago said...

HeoCwaeth, Wiglaf's not so bad -- you're pretty much the only surviving character!

xvsjf - xmas mischief