Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Formatting help needed / Happy Thanksgiving!

OK, I just added a "recent posts" bit to my sidebar (and moved the archives section up because this blog is all about me! me! me!) and I can't figure out how to get the long post titles not to do that weird reverse-hanging indent thingy. Do you see that? Anyone know how to make it into an actual hanging indent instead?

And btw, yes I know I need to update my blogroll. There are about a gazillion blogs that I read on Bloglines now and I need to add them.

In the meantime, Happy Thanksgiving everyone! The boyfriend's relatives are coming to town tomorrow and I think I need to tear myself away from the computer for awhile. I also need some Real Human Interaction™ for a change since I've been cooped up with nothing but text, text, text for oh, about a week. I'm editing The Book, you see. (No, not the Bible. *My* book. Remember, this blog is all about me! me! me!) I have to get it to the series editor by December 7 and I'm doing some major revisions still. Ack! Anyway, this lack of Real Human Interaction™ has had such deleterious effects on me that I had the following conversation today when the Boyfriend called to check in on me:

Me (after seeing caller ID show that call is coming from our university): Hello?
Boyfriend: Hi honey.
Me (relieved it's not the chair or someone needing something): Oh, hi honey. What are you doing at school?
*Pause*
Boyfriend: Um, teaching.
*Pause*
Me: What day is it?

Yeah, that's a sign that Dr. Virago needs some intervention. (Thank god, btw, that I'm on leave from teaching this semester!)

So I wish everyone a happy holiday weekend and lots and lots of Real Human Interaction™. And in case you do end up online and need something to amuse yourself or remind yourself that your addiction to the blogosphere isn't as bad as some people's, go over to Unfogged and read the Best. Comment. Thread. Ever. about a certain aviator-glasses-wearing blogger with an obsession. Someone who calls himself "Armsmasher" re-wrote all of Poe's "The Raven" on the subject and Chris Clarke did some mighty funny photoshopping. Enjoy.

No comments: