Thursday, March 1, 2007

Miscellaneous mentionables

I'll be away for the weekend at a conference and visiting with some friends, and I won't be back until Tuesday, so don't be alarmed by my silence here. Posting may be sketchy for the next few weeks after that, as well, since I'm getting the book proofs this weekend and have two weeks to write the index (and yes, I'm writing it myself -- there are good reasons why). The good news is that we're on break next week, so the index can be my full time job for the moment.

In the meantime, if you haven't already seen this announcement on other blogs, go check out News for Medievalists, a great compendium of recent news articles of interest to medievalists both academic and independent. The host of the site, Peter Konieczny, also edits the site for De Re Militari: The Society for Medieval Military History.

And now you have the time to read my monstrous post on the process from dissertation to book!

Have a good weekend everyone.

No comments: