Friday, May 12, 2006

Help! I want a Gmail account

UPDATE: Done! I now have a Gmail account, thanks to Julie of No Fancy Name, the queen of all things bloggy. Would you believe "drvirago" was taken?! Who's the imposter? Well, anyway, I am now drvirago2 [at] gmail [dot] com. Now to go change my sidebar.

This message is for those of you with a Gmail account. I want to sign up for one, too, and get rid of the sbcglobal address for Dr. Virago because in a month and a half I'm moving in with Bullock (no, he didn't build our house, like the Bullock on the show did, but he is building me bookcases) and he has a different ISP than I. But the problem is his ISP is very, very local and identifiable, and I need a nice US-wide anonymous address for the blog. Gmail seemed perfect, but then I learned you have to have a code text-messaged to you and I don't have a text-message capable phone. The other option, however, is to have a friend invite you to join (what is this -- Friendster???).

So please, pretty please, will one of you invite me to join? Send an e-mail to drvirago[at]sbcglobal[dot]net. Thanks!

7 comments:

JM said...

done

Dr. Virago said...

Thanks Julie!

I love blogging!

JM said...

:)

George said...

What about DoctorVirago?

Dr. Virago said...

I'm an idiot - I didn't even think of that. D'oh! Oh heck, I'll leave it DrVirago2 for now -- fewer characters. Besides, it *is* the second e-mail address for "Dr. Virago."

Dr. Virago said...

Hey, George, are you all settled in the new abode yet?

medieval woman said...

You will LOVE gmail! Glad you got an acct.