Tuesday, September 12, 2006

The day after

I didn't post yesterday in remembrance of 9/11. I couldn't think of anything to say that wouldn't sound trite or oddly self-absorbed. So I left my blog blank in a kind of moment of silence. But then I realized maybe I should have *said* it was a purposeful moment of silence. Sigh. Well, it was.

Today will probably be a little silent as well, since it's my 14-hour day. I'm usually up and working at my desk by 8am every morning, and Tuesdays are no exception. The problem is, my last class doesn't end until 10pm tonight. And I'm generally pretty actively busy for all of those hours, too. It's exhausting. On the up side, however, my Thursday classes are over by 5:30 since my late Tuesday night is a once-a-week seminar. So the rest of the week I can usually get by on 10-hour days, and on Wednesdays, I admit, I sleep in a little.

OK, back to work.

1 comment:

Flavia said...

Hey, I'll be thinking of you: on Tuesdays I teach from 9.45 a.m. until 9.15 p.m., also courtesy of a once-a-week night seminar. I do have a big break in the middle, but it's still a damn tiring day.

It's rather nice, though, to know that I'm not the only one on campus for more than 12 hours.