Saturday, January 7, 2006

Public Service Announcement: Publication CFP (Medieval and Renaissance Studies)

As a public service announcement and a favor to friends, I am posting the following CFP for the journal Comitatus. It really is an excellent journal – I’ve sited sources from it, I’ve given articles to my students as models to imitate, and I have friends who have published in it – and I urge those of you out there in the blogosphere who are graduate students and recent Ph.D.s in medieval and renaissance fields (all disciplines) to submit something for consideration. Here’s the official CFP:

COMITATUS: A JOURNAL OF MEDIEVAL AND RENAISSANCE STUDIES, published
annually under the auspices of the UCLA Center for Medieval and
Renaissance Studies, invites the submission of articles by graduate
students and recent PhDs in any field of medieval and renaissance
studies. Double-spaced manuscripts should not exceed thirty-five pages
in length, and all references should be in footnotes. We prefer
submissions in the form of e-mail attachments in Windows format; paper
submissions are also accepted. Please include an e-mail address.

SUBMISSION DEADLINE FOR VOLUME 37 (2006): 1 FEBRUARY 2006.

The editorial board will make its final selections by early May. Please
send submissions to sullivan[at]humnet[dot]ucla[dot]edu, or to Blair Sullivan,
CMRS, 302 Royce Hall, Box 951485, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1485.

4 comments:

MT said...

That's about the most heavy-hitting meme I've ever seen.

Dr. Virago said...

MT, did you mean to comment on the post above this one (the Meme of Fours) or are you jokingly refering to this CFP as a meme? I'm soooo confused!

MT said...

I was joking about this one in light of the other. It's OK that you were confused. The main thing is I think I'm funny. Nobody can take that away from me.

Dr. Virago said...

The main thing is I think I'm funny. Nobody can take that away from me.

Well now, *that* made me laugh. :)

See, given that I've been known to post comments on the wrong thread -- being an absent-minded professorial stereotype at times -- I made the mistake of thinking maybe that's what you'd done. I should've known better.