Sunday, March 16, 2008

Pippi settles in

We've finally got some good pictures of Pippi at home with us now, and I thought I'd share them. None of them quite does justice to the color of her fur, but they're close.

Day 1: checking all the perimeters and discovering good windows to look out of. So exciting! --


Day 2: getting some snuggles (her belly's still shaved from her spaying operation) --


Day 3: sacked out in Dr. V's study -- must have been all that excitement! --


Btw, note the framed X-Files trading cards in the background of that last photo. My roommate from my first two years in grad school bought that for me at a sci fi convention years ago. Hey, why didn't we think of naming the dog Scully? Oh well.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

She and Callie stretch out the same way in a chair. I think they need to meet. Congrats. She is even prettier than the pictures on the rescue site. And she sounds like a terrific dog.

Dr. Virago said...

Oh no, she and Callie can't ever meet. Pippi's prey drive is very strong and it includes cats, I'm afraid.

Janice said...

Pippi is beautiful and looks supremely comfortable on the chair. Ozzie and Goldie are jealous. They only get up on the furniture when we're out of the house!c

Thoroughly Educated said...

What a beautiful girl! I love that first picture.

Sisyphus said...

So cute! I love the laughing smile of that first picture --- it makes the name work.

Non Tenured Assistant Professor said...

She is so cute!!!! Adorable puppy!

K said...

She is beautiful! Welcome Pippi--you already have an internet fan base!

The Pastry Pirate said...

Hey, she almost looks like a different dog than in the earlier photo I saw... she was so pensive then, but now she's got that "oh yeahhhh, gettin' a belly rub on the easy chair" look of pure bliss. Has Bulloch cooked her bacon yet? Congrats to both of you and to the luckiest dog in Rust Belt!!

Clio Bluestocking said...

Cutest thing evah!

Pippi is a rockin' name.