Monday, July 3, 2006

Moved...but not unpacked

All my stuff is here in the house that I now share with Bullock, and my keys to my old apartment have been turned in, so it is all official. I have moved. (When I was cranky and anxious about all the stuff I had to do to get moved, Bullock worried that I didn't want to move in with him, and I explained, "No, honey, it's just that I want to have moved in with you already. It's the moving that I don't like.") And can I just tell you all that a local move involving the merging of households is more complicated than a cross-country move of one household, at least in my experience.

Things didn't go off without a hitch -- the freakin' movers didn't have me on the schedule for the day I was supposed to move! -- but all was ultimately resolved (at half price! yay!) and no furniture was broken or marred. I haven't unpacked the dishes yet (a benefit of moving in with someone else), but since I packed them myself and they survived other moves in which I packed them, I'm sure they're OK, too.

Sorry for the light posting here and my disappearing act from comments both here and elsewhere. I've just felt more like unpacking and getting things done than blogging lately. But when I'm more settled in I'll catch up with the 100 Virago facts, and when Bullock finishes the beautiful bookcases he's making for me (they are so cool!) I'll take pictures of them before and after they're laden with my books.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy having moved! I'm just getting started on the chaos that moving creates in one's life for weeks at a time, and I envy your being at the unpacking stage.

Anniina said...

Yay, you're back! Moving sure is stressful. Good luck with the unpacking :)

meg said...

Sooooo nice to have gotten moved without major damage (psychic or porcelain). Here's to the new situation!