Friday, February 3, 2006

Oh the services this blog provides!

I am frequently amused by the search strings that bring people here. Some of them make complete sense, such as "Norton Anthology British Literature 8th Edition." I did, indeed, address that very topic in this post. Of course, the person might have wanted to read the table of contents or something, in which case my blog was not so helpful. But for the person searching "teaching Everyman," perhaps the related post on medieval drama in the Norton was helpful, if they read the comments (where Karl freed everyone from ever having to teach that dreadful not-really-a-play).

And there are the unintentional services I provide, such as providing tips on "eyeshadows for pale brunettes" which led someone to this post. I hope they found it helpful. Now perhaps Clinique should send me lots of free stuff in return. :) And then there was the person who landed at this post after searching "chafing help vaseline." Though many runners swear by things like Body Glide, I'm cheap, so I use good old Vaseline to prevent chafing; however, in that particular marathon, I clearly didn't use enough. (If you didn't already read that account of my last marathon experience and don't want to, the long and short of it is that I ended the race with bloody, chafed inner thighs. I still have red marks, by the way.)

And then there are the very large number of people who search the string "I think I'm depressed" and end up at my post of the same title. I should put a caveat on that post, something along the lines of "I'm not a professional, but these are generally the signs of depression in my personal experience, so if you're experiencing them, please see your doctor or a therapist."

But who was searching "crazy sign guy"? Do other people have wacky neighbors with crazy signs? (By the way, Crazy Sign Guy seems to hibernate in the winter.) And you wouldn't believe the numbers of people with "noisy downstairs neighbors." Well, I hope they read the comments in that post -- there are some good suggestions there. However, I have to admit, I've been too disorganized and also afraid of confrontation to talk to my own neighbors yet. I really need to stop suffering in silence over that one.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, it's been kind of a bad week here. Not in any specific way, but I'm just feeling overwhelmed and exhausted and incapable of doing everything that's expected of me. I apologize for the crappy posts of late; I have some stuff in the back of my head that I want to write about, and I'll try and come up with more interesting facts about Dr. Virago that I can actually share, but if I'm a little quiet for awhile, don't give up on me. I'm just trying to get my shit together.

1 comment:

Ancrene Wiseass said...

I'm sorry it's been a bad week. And I'm on the "too much to handle" boat with you. (As, in fact, I noted in my last post!)