Thursday, September 1, 2005

Postponing the grand opening

For those of you who may have wandered into my blog by way of my Blogger profile (because I commented on your blog), I wanted to let you know that I'm postponing getting this blog started. I just don't feel right participating in public navel-gazing while so many people are suffering in New Orleans and elsewhere on the Gulf coast in the wake of Katrina. More personally, I have a friend in southeastern Louisiana and I still haven't heard from her. It may be she just doesn't have power -- I can only hope -- but until I hear from her and until it seems something is *successfully* being done to rescue the stranded in New Orleans and re-establish law and order, I think I'll put off babbling about my own safe and relatively privileged life.

[And btw, I'm still working on the links section.]

No comments: